Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Survival in the vortex called web 2.0

Survival in the vortex called web 2.0

Hello and welcome to yet another tech blog! I've started this just because I have a google account and then left it in the wild, with myself wandering in this labyrinth, the world that is, chasing after ideas. It is then that I heard through him(stupid where is your first ) that while some part of the world, them I am talking of, are spending hours together and getting punished, there is another world where guys even don't have a clue of what exactly life is. He, the same guy, suggested me to write about survival techniques of a student ninja at such a place as this, while I, the trouble-shooter, decided to go with the geeky world.

So, here is the first. Survival techniques and tools for a web 2.0 ninja :
  • yummy.. del.icio.us : First of the url hacks I've ever heard of. A social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering bookmarks. Straight and simple, and right on the nail's head, right from the second weapon..
  • ..wikipedia : An open source encyclopedia, collaborated by users like you and me
  • Flickr : Another of the web 2.0 revolutionary tools, that joined the arsenal of Yahoo! A social photo-tagging web application for storing and sharing photos, images of all kinds and colors.
  • Google Reader : If there is one tool that helps me from drowning in this vortex, that is this. I kind of more than guess that there are more besides this, yet for the time being, I settle to live with this.
  • Wordpress and/or blogger : The ultimate networking tools, for the ultimate weapons blogs. If only, I had mastered these by this time, I would have been there up with Danny Sullivan if that's not asking for too much. Plain : blog, communicate, network, enjoy/earn.
  • Slashdot : News for nerds. Stuff that matters. I enjoy the news posted there, with same enthusiasm the commenting battles. If you want three more words from my mouth, here take it : Nerds talk less.
  • Digg: A community-based popularity website with an emphasis on technology and science articles. Seemed like taking place of slashdot, but I now know, they are way different. So, the rule of thumb is this. Go to digg for news, but don't read the comments by their user base, they kind of bad. If you need fun and feel geeky, you know where to go. But, I found one addictive feature at digg. Go on espionage.
  • Communities : Aka social networks. These for some reason are still lurking in people's minds. I, for one, realised their good, but immediately found out their other edge(the bad 'un) and kept them at a bay. If you have no work, you are a person to kill time, go there, hoards of'em in the wild. Please Don't go to Orkut (ye Indians!) and/or Myspace. (You know my intentions, I won't link you to those sites. What, why are you looking at me like that?)
So much for the first post.
....to be continued.

No comments: